Skip to main content

Featured

REVIEW: Daydream by Hannah Grace

Daydream by Hannah Grace        Daydream, written by Hannah Grace is a friends-to-lovers, faking dating romance genre, the third book of the Maple Hill series, the other two being the Icebreaker and Wildfire.  The story begins with Halle’s high school sweetheart breaking up with her—a moment she surprisingly meets with no real emotional reaction. Meanwhile, Henry, the captain of his hockey team, is struggling with his performance in Professor Thornton’s class and faces pressure from Coach Faulkner. With Halle’s ex out of the picture, she suddenly has more time on her hands. She fills it by taking up a part-time job, running a book club, and aspiring to write a novel writing competition, all while juggling the expectations placed on her as the eldest daughter in a family that depends on her. On the other hand, Henry is trying to balance his academics and his responsibilities as team captain. When Henry offers to help Halle gain the life experiences she needs to write her novel in exchan

Book Review: God of War (Legacy of Gods book 6) by Rina Kent

God of War (Legacy of Gods #6) by Rina Kent 



Spoilers ahead!


"End of an Era" but failed to meet my expectations.


"God of War," written by Rina Kent, is the sixth book in the series "Legacy of Gods" and the 34th book in the Rinaverse. "God of War," one of the much-awaited books of the year, failed to deliver on its promises.


Let's start with the character arc. Eli King and Ava Nash's story was the most anticipated since there are cameos of them and their sexual tension and banter throughout the series. This book made me feel like they're continuing the cameo role. The author was trying to give closure to every other character instead of focusing on the main characters.


I get that Ava is a spoiled brat who doesn't listen to anyone but herself and Eli King is a brooding young man who hates everyone but her. In the books I've read with similar tropes, there'll be a change between the characters but Ava continues to be a spoiled brat and Eli continues to be a brooding young man. While all the other characters from other books seemed to have had their character development. The author focused more on giving closure to her series rather than focusing on the main characters.


I really enjoyed Remi and Ari's cameo. Ariella represents all the delusional girlies who actually think Delulu is the Solulu. I also enjoyed other characters’ cameos, especially Jeremy and Cecily’s wedding but at the same time, I also felt that most of the cameos by Ari and Remi seemed like they’re the second main characters of this book and that the author is trying to give us the Nash sisters story in a single book.


Talking about the pace, I found it a little slow-paced. I would’ve put the book down every few minutes and it took me a few days more than my usual reading pace. Ava’s retaliation and rebellion act became repetitive after a point which just added more fuel to the already boring fire.


In all of Rina Verse’s books, the main characters go through something tragic and have some kind of mental health issue or trauma associated with the past which will be later revealed. Similarly, Ava is being diagnosed with Psychosis and thus amnesia. While Steel Princess and Red Thorns had the amnesia trope, at least they both kept me on the hook, this book failed to do so. Ava’s trauma seemed forced just because Cole’s mother had a similar issue. I apologize to anyone who is going through something similar and can relate to Ava's character. This is my opinion.


If you ask me whether or not you should read it, I would say it's not worth your time but maybe for the sake of finishing the series you could go for it.


I would rate this 2.5/5. Again, this is completely subjective and my opinion might differ from yours.


Happy reading!


Comments

My photo
Gayathri Ganesh
Hi, I'm Gayathri, a lover of life’s simple yet magical moments. I adore wearing jhumkas, even when they pinch a little because they remind me that beauty sometimes comes with pain. My heart belongs to romance – I read everything that celebrates love and write it too, weaving stories of heartbeats and soul connections. You'll often find me wandering through bookstores, promising myself not to buy anything, only to leave with a stack of new adventures. Something is enchanting about tea on a rainy day, don’t you think? The way the rain taps on the window while you sip warmth from a cup, and instead of hiding from the rain, I embrace it. The rhythm of the raindrops brings a calm that only the sky can offer. And then, there’s the swing—ah, the swing. I can never resist the urge to soar high, letting the wind caress my face, and in that moment of weightlessness, everything feels possible. Life, to me, is about finding these little moments of wonder, where time pauses, and joy is all that matters. Welcome to my world!

Popular Posts